Saw this at Kinokuniya the other day. Couldn’t help but get it because it kept reminding me of SpaceBros (Uchuu Kyoudai). It lights up and everything too!
A blog about writing, photography, and everything in between.
Figured I’d mix things around today and put a post from a fellow writer at Random Curiosity, Zanibas. A kind of impressions post on the visual novel Hatoful Boyfriend. Maybe you’ve heard of this rumored post before, as it was meant to be a post for April Fool’s a few months back. Maybe not. Either way, due to certain circumstances, the release of the post never made it for April Fool’s, and has been in the void for a bit. But today, Hateful Boyfriend makes its triumphant debut!
Approaching half a year since I wrote my first ever article online or otherwise, I figured it’d be a good time to turn back the clock a bit and do a quick re-post. This was originally written for leetNEET way back on January 13th. In the end, I believe that this post, combined with my next one on Rinne no Lagrange turned out to be one of the main reasons I was able to join Random Curiosity as a writer. Like they say, “everything has to start somewhere…” and this is where I started.
- Prequel: Bakemonogatari (2009)
- Production Studio: Shaft
- Air Date: Winter 2012. 1/8 start. (11 episodes x 24 minutes per)
- Notable Staff/VA for Main Roles:
- Series Creator: Nisio, Ishin
- Director: Shinbou, Akiyuki (Arakawa Under the Bridge, Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica)
- VA (Araragi, Karen): Kitamura, Eri (Angel Beats!, Ao No Exorcist, Blood+, Last Exile, Working!!)
- VA (Araragi, Tsukihi): Iguchi, Yuka (Bokurano, Mayo Chiki!, Toaru Majutsu no Index, True Tears)
- Premise/Plot Summary: In Nisemonogatari, the focus turns to the sisters Karen and Tsukihi Araragi. Together, the two “fire sisters” attempt to capture Kaiki Deishu, who makes his return and begins spreading the curse inflicted on Nadeko. Notably, this is the same swindler who deceived Hitagi prior to the events of Bakemonogatari…
Discussion/Impressions: (Series + Episode 01)
Following an agonizing two year wait comes the eagerly awaited sequel to the surprise 2009 hit, Bakemonogatari. The question is, was it worth the wait?
EDIT (5/22): Estimated launch date is 5/30.
Welcome to Zephyr’s Compass!
It seems like you’ve arrived a bit early though, as I’m still getting the site ready. The current ETA for the site’s launch is late May. To bide some time until then, I’ve put up a few pages (you’ll see them on the top) that I hope will give you an impression of what I wish to do here at Zephyr’s Compass, as well as a quick look into my writing style and the things I do in my free time.
Spread the word and thanks for coming! I’ll be modifying the site randomly until my finals are over in a few weeks. Once they’re over, you can expect a post at least one a week. So I’ll check you guys back in a few.
“The art of writing is the art of discovering what you believe.” - Gustave Flaubert